PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2015, 02:41
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Re the legal stuff, I was thinking of the risk acceptance etc associated with Kiwi 'extreme tourism' type activities, which (I believe) reduces the issues their operators have with being sued as long as they take reasonable safety related steps. Dunno a lot about it, it's just what I've heard, so as always I'm happy to be corrected where I'm wrong.

I would like to see the colour vision issue resolved fairly; I haven't seen what input Mark Skidmore has had into that so I won't comment.

On the plus side, there have been clear examples of detrimental consequences of poorly thought out or written sections of the new rules being fixed by exemptions (which are not desirable but are a quick and practical Band-Aid rather than letting things drag on unresolved), e.g. removal of the silly idea that the R22 and R44 should be separately type rated helicopters needing their own flight reviews every 2 years.

Once these things have been promulgated as law, which is what Skidmore has inherited, you can't just unmake them with a stroke of the pen, hence the exemptions, but as I've said I believe he's out there listening and fixing, or at least trying to, and doing as much as anyone could in the situation.