PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the daily routine a commercial pilot do prior to flying the plane?
Old 15th Aug 2015, 21:58
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the modern electronic age we grab our flight plans in the hotel with our breakfast or on the bus to the crew centre. Only if the weather is really horrible to we have to spend much time preparing. We could, if we really wanted, discuss the approach lighting faults of airfields we won't be going but to be honest, we can't be bothered. So we arrive 60 minutes before our flight and have a coffee together. Our colleagues in the cabin may tell us what they are expecting and we'll tell them what we anticipate. Each of us will also brief the other on any specials or events out of the ordinary. However, I'm only a gash short-haul pilot so I can't be expected to kick the backside out of every singe bit of (electronic) paper thrust in front of me.

We will normally arrive at the aircraft 30 minutes before we depart, start boarding 20 minutes before scheduled departure and leave as soon as we can. However, we'll normally go nowhere because every other bugger wants to leave as well. Such is life.

PM