PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Form
Thread: Bad Form
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2015, 20:54
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am confident that the systems that are put in place, are genuinely designed to attract and welcome potential recruits.

My recent experience. My 15 year old wants to be an officer/pilot. At a recent country fair, the RN are there with the recruiting bus. Up we pop, I introduce him to the two guys, one in camo, one in RN uniform. We then spent probably the most excruciating 15 minutes I can remember, as these two plonkers, set about demeaning not only my son, but the service. At one stage CAMO asked, can you do, or do you know, what, a proper press up is? He then , obviously proceeded to show us. Then, which actually turned out to be the final straw, was when Mr RN, with a very large belly sticking over his too tight RN trousers, spotted something on my sons wrist. What's that? I explained he had a small bout of excema. Game over was the actual reply from Mr RN, followed by Camo echoing the, "Game over". He will not pass the medical. Bye, Bye.

Not many times I am left speechless. This was one.

So, as I started, I am sure the system is not meant, nor designed to be like this. But something ain't right in the recruiting game