PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2015, 19:01
Above The Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace
Please explain to me why my Citations 500 550 560 all have to be flown with 2 crew ? Yes even the baby 500 was stipulated 2 crew and the 501SP and 551SP Have to be flown below 12500 IBS making the 551SP a useless piece of junk as far as carrying anyone or going any distance.

They are easy to fly, have straight wings and are slow?

Yet this pocket rocket weighing 18000 IBS with swept wings a speed 100 KTS Faster, a cruise at FL450 and a multitude of seating capacity is SP?

There is no sense to some of the certification
The Citation 500 series are all the same, they just identified the ones that could be flown SP without an FAA single pilot waiver by changing the designators to 501 and 551.

Speed, weight, altitude and the number of engines play no part in wether an aircraft is certified SP, it is down to pilot training and manufacture certification, if owners and insurance companies are happy with SP ops why should it be banned just because a few are not comfortable, its called having a choice.

Pace
Having said that had I been in the right seat of this 300 or any other half competent pilot this accident ( sorry not accident) would have 100% not happened
Really, you need to read your statement again because now you are saying every multi crew aircraft that has crashed is due to the guy in the RHS not being competent, quite a bold statement to make

Last edited by Above The Clouds; 17th Aug 2015 at 08:18. Reason: spelling