PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How big do you think the exodus from EK will be....
Old 15th Aug 2015, 16:58
in freedom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disconnect

Alwayzinit, the current disconnect of EK management from their employees and reality is very unfortunate but was easy to predict. Here is a sequence of events:

- Install authoritative regime without the burdens of check and balance

- Achieve quick victories that would have been impossible in a slow, balanced environment

- Become drunken on your own success and start to believe in your own superiority

- Crush any critical voices that spoil the party. Enjoy your absolute power. In airman language: turn off the warning systems because they create unpleasant noise

- Use any crisis to cement your power by eradicating scapegoats. A welcome way to get rid of the last independent thinkers. By now information is definitely only flowing top-down.

- Reality has become distorted because it doesn't reach you any more. The layers below tweak any hard truths - or they wouldn't be there any more. You are now cruising based on pure luck. You are eating into your gains from the past, in this case the excellent pilot corps you had attracted earlier.

- Because you have become unable to face and fix small unpleasant truths in the past you are ill prepared to accept and deal with any real big problem. But that is what's heading your way. Self-induced and/or from external factors.

In short, it is a recipe for disaster followed by the Romans, the Germans in their 1000 year empire (12 years in the history books) and by various Communist regimes. It is ranked as a leading cause for corporate bankruptcy.

Chances are that this is not going to end well. I am sure that they will squeeze the remaining crew even harder before the inevitable end game. By now a change of direction would be a major effort for a competent management team. But you know who leads you and that personal pride will prohibit any loss of face.

I left when I had the opportunity but I have not forgotten your suffering. Good luck for what is about to come.