PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How big do you think the exodus from EK will be....
Old 15th Aug 2015, 14:40
Sheikh Your Bootie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Habibis, they will not get many DEC's for the 777, look at the recruitment disaster of the A330 DECs. Not one made it thru selection, of the few that applied. There maybe a few more, as the 777 fleet is viewed as marginally more appealing, given less night flights to the Sub continent for now.

I have been here a fair while, and of course as a pilot I am entitled to bitch and moan and praise when right (the latter being rare these days). The recipe has all of a sudden changed, colleagues are not just talking about leaving, they are actually leaving in droves. I myself have never been to a roadshow for other airlines, here in DXB or elsewhere. i am going to both the Korean and Jet2. I am now looking actively for opportunities, not what I thought I would be doing.

EK Address these issues and you will have no issues crewing the aircraft.

1.Let the rostering system do its job, let us bid for what we want, leave the current or new system alone. Keep the rotating bid system as is. Stop putting in ludicrous restrictions, and making bidding difficult.

2. Reduce the workload, 95+hrs a month is unsustainable for most of us. Back of the curve night duties, are not good for our longevity.

3. Honour our contract and give us our leave, 4 or 5 day blocks do not count.

4.Pay increase- Doesn't have to be huge, but the annual increment does not count.

5. Let us have a guaranteed block of days off a month. 7 days would work!

Add your wishes below folks.

Many are leaving as the workload is unsustainable. We are constantly tired, and that affects our health and personal lives. Those that are leaving are mainly leaving because of quality of life issues. Thats why I am looking at other jobs.

SyB