PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Form
Thread: Bad Form
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2015, 10:07
downsizer

Received 117 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by mopardave
Courtney.....I feel like doing that. She's a determined and gutsy girl, who doesn't give up easily. To be honest, I know she's very disappointed and disillusioned. I suspect you served in a different Air Force to the one we have now. That's not a pop at those out there at the sharp end, but the bureaucrats who've proliferated.

downsizer....

yup, she did all that.

I have to agree with Phil R......wouldn't anyone start their quest at a recruitment office???

Coff......that's a great steer. Just so we're clear.....she visited the recruitment office twice.......they were apologetic. Assured her that someone from the base in question would DEFFO contact her. She rang said base several times and left messages......nothing.

Maybe she was unlucky?

Many thanks for your words of wisdom.....I'll have a word with her. Apart from anything, the Aussies have already got a "fine son of England"....I don't want them claiming my daughter too!!!!!!!

Best

Mopardave
I don't know which Sqn she was trying to join nor which AFCO she dealt with, so I don't have specifics.

What should have happened is if she went to the AFCO they would point her in the direction of the appropriate Sqn. They are the SMEs in reserve recruiting especially Medical, which is even more niche.

If she made contact with the Sqn, they should have at least got back in touch with her in some manner.

To actually start the joining process she would have needed to phone and register her interest with the number listed on the RAFs website. This would have resulted in her having a case raised and this would have been handed to the reserve Sqn who should have been in contact to invite her to a Sqn Open day and the process rolled on from there. 100% if she did this she would have been contacted (or serious heads should roll).