PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2015, 09:16
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arfur Dent

I agree with your comments! This was NO accident.
OK we have all got the approach wrong and ended up trying to get back to VREF and maybe made a quick mental calculation on the runway length and landing 15 KTS above VREF.

But this was a guy who came over the numbers at 150 KTS 42KTS above VREF on a short runway which he knew.

Knowing that He allowed the aircraft to continue down the runway till nearly at the other end and still at 135KTS 27KTS above VREF landed

That was not an accident that was a 100% death decision.
We are therefore looking at what causes a death decision? not an accident!

Either suicide?

Or the pilot has lost all rational thinking through extreme stress, anger or medical incapacitation and incapacitation does not mean collapsing at the controls.

Yes I also agree with you that single pilot operations will go under the spotlight!
I am not against single pilot operations in all jets.

it would be ridiculous to expect a crew in something like a Baby Eclipse which is designed for the wealthy private owner pilot and his family, but then maybe its equally ridiculous to have single crew in a high speed high level multi passenger jet which weighs 18000 IBS?

Maybe single pilot in jet aircraft of 12500 IBS or less and a maximum of 6 seats including crew should be the cutoff line? As that would keep to the spirit of single pilot.It would be hard to approve single pilot in a TBM850 and say no to an Eclipse or CJ1 just because its jet powered?

It has got to the ridiculous stage that aircraft like the Phenom 300 and CJ4 which are much heavier and faster aircraft are allowed single pilot because of the marketing wishes political wriggling and pressures of the manufacturers

Pace