PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Form
Thread: Bad Form
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2015, 09:03
mopardave

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Courtney.....I feel like doing that. She's a determined and gutsy girl, who doesn't give up easily. To be honest, I know she's very disappointed and disillusioned. I suspect you served in a different Air Force to the one we have now. That's not a pop at those out there at the sharp end, but the bureaucrats who've proliferated.

downsizer....
For further clarity, you cannot join the reserves through an AFCO (Armed Forces Careers Office). You join through the reserve Squadron you wish to join.

Happy to clarify any points further if anyone has any interest in the process....
yup, she did all that.

I have to agree with Phil R......wouldn't anyone start their quest at a recruitment office???

Coff......that's a great steer. Just so we're clear.....she visited the recruitment office twice.......they were apologetic. Assured her that someone from the base in question would DEFFO contact her. She rang said base several times and left messages......nothing.

Maybe she was unlucky?

Many thanks for your words of wisdom.....I'll have a word with her. Apart from anything, the Aussies have already got a "fine son of England"....I don't want them claiming my daughter too!!!!!!!

Best

Mopardave