PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AT. Why the pretense?
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2015, 01:45
CX-HOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curtain Rod et al, wake up and smell the coffee! F10 is a realist not a defeatist, if you think that every Union member shares the same level of commitment as you then you are going to be very disappointed if the stakes are ever raised.

Remember this is a union whose members voted out 5-4-3,
who voted in credit free reserve,
who voted in a 5% pay cut to junior CN scales (will cost every CoS99 guy around 200K),
who voted in RA65 with no seniority protections for staying on RA55, all because it suited various members of the committee of that time.

Were you around for MSS? I was and I am sure the same level of insincerity to follow Union recommendations will occur again. Some are members purely for the Insurance and nothing else.

But why is the FAU able to be successful with the same variable level of commitment from its members? It had members of all service levels out campaigning to stop a pay cut to its newer joiners and theft of meal allowances, within a few weeks it had the company folding. Don't try to justify it with they have less to lose, they have families and mortgages just like us.

So when have we campaigned against a new lower wage for new joiners (B scale or C scale), or unsafe flight patterns, or reduction in manning levels or actually anything of real concern ? Why, because the plain simple truth is we couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Instead we complain here or on Yammer, great plan.

Rather than writing 500+ almost identical posts on an anonymous web-site I suggest you devote some energy to having a plan B other than Cathay.

Or assist in nailing down some protections for 3 man ULR, such as no SO can be substituted for other crew, days off before and after, if training crew complement to be increased etc