PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2015, 01:19
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
It's not the actual landing with 29 rather than 30, it's either planning to do it in the first place, finding it's going to happen in flight and continuing anyway when an alternate's available, or finding it's going to happen and not declaring it (which I'm sure in the past has led to accidents due to aircraft not getting priority until it was too late). There's nothing there which is victimising pilots who do the right thing.

Whether anything better than the old rules has been achieved is a different story - certainly it's not clear that much benefit if any has been gained when weighed up against the cost of the whole revamp.

Modernising and rationalising a bunch of disparate rule books sounds like a good idea, which is why I suppose they embarked on this whole thing in the first place, but as we all know it's been a 20 year schemozzle in many ways. Once the project was started, though, CASA's choice has been to either chuck it out and call it a waste, or keep ploughing through under various leaders and regimes, and I'm sure most of us in the same position would probably choose to keep going to see it through. Just my 2 bob's worth.