PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF ground crew to aircrew
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2015, 14:00
Ivan Rogov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi RG56, you seem to have a fairly decent plan but there will be huge distractions. The system for re-mustering these days is very good and gives you a fair chance (unlike the old days when the Station Board had a say!).

Once you're in there will be lots of training (even Armourers are trained, apparently ), beer, after that a posting to somewhere, beer, more training, exercises, beer, deployments, guard duty, beer, rent a crowd, beer, random deployments i.e: Bailing out the government for anything, beer, more random stuff, beer, more training, beer, Adeventure Training, beer, Force Development, beer, next posting to somewhere new, beer, more training, beer, etc.

If you are serious about making it to NCA you will need to remain focused on your goal, get the qualifications you need and apply as soon as possible, don't keep saying 'I'm busy at the moment I'll do it next year' otherwise you won't make it. Use the excellent Education facilities the RAF has and let your line mangers know what you want to do once you are posted, they should fully support you, if they are not don't worry you will have a career manager on Station who will be able to help, and hopefully sort out your line manager too!

Good luck, keep your eyes on the prize

Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 14th Aug 2015 at 15:47.