PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Plane......
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2015, 21:21
Straighten Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Plane......

Evening all,

There are a few old threads on this but as everyone has different requirements, I thought I'd reach out for some advice.

I have a PPL/IR(R), 150 hrs and about to commence CPL/FI, no SJS. I love just getting out to fly to new places, and would really like to go further afield but the club won't let me take the aircraft for more than a few hours at a time, so time to invest in a share or create my own group.

I'm loosely familiar with permit vs CoA and don't really have a preference, but please correct me if I'm wrong on my understanding.

Permit - easier (cheaper) maintenance, less restrictions on modifications, some interesting aircraft that have better fuel economy etc.

CoA - able to fly night/IMC which you can't do in permit (?), easier to travel abroad without getting permission, able to hire out/do CPL work in it.

I'm hoping to fly around 25-30 hours a year, mostly UK, but also needs to be something that would be comfy for 2 plus luggage to get down to Italy/Croatia/Spain. Ideally I'd like something that will do 150kts+. The budget is relatively flexible - I'd like to think that my share would be less than £10k - but could finance getting something outright at say 50k and then trying to sell shares to bring my exposure down.

I look forward to your comments. Many thanks.