PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2015, 20:00
Hawker 800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooneyboy
Okay let's not make a distinct rule so no non flying passengers in light aircraft can fly with a single pilot but maybe more awareness could made during PPL training about responsibilities towards your passengers. When I did my PPL wasn't mentioned once. Is it really responsible to take someone up who wouldn't have the ability or knowledge to sort something out if something happened to your one and only pilot? Emphasis should be made on briefing pax especially on how to use the radio to ask for help.

In the cruise we had a cabin crew in the flight deck and the conversation came up about double pilot incap. Highly unlikely I know but I asked her what she would do. She said straight away they were told in training to talk on the radio and someone would help. So next I said do you know where the radio is? She didn't have a clue.

Above the clouds,

The car situation I guess out of incap whilst driving probably a very small fraction are your driving one minute next your out cold. Usually there's an indication something's not right with yourself and I know for one thing I can get a car stopped a hell of a lot quicker than an aircraft on the ground.

The two extra drivers just in case, unless your in a learner car with dual controls would be fairly useless.

Admittedly I was the cause for the thread drift but getting back to the original point biz jets should not be S/P due to the points mentioned.
Here here!