PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2015, 19:15
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting post #269 by Eat My Shorts. Hearsay but nevertheless noteworthy.
I would have thought given his experience, the poor chap would have been accustomed to the sudden lack of numeracy so common to bills in that part of the world, and not gone off at a tangent. Perhaps it lends credence to the speculation that he blew a fuse. Reminds me of the Staines Trident crash all those years ago. Best not to go off in a huff.
Chronus

This snippet if true may be the most revealing! Using a single pilot who is fighting over invoice detail and then landing into a cheap airport sounds like pressure to do things on the cheap.

We do not know his relationship with the PAX, whether he was poorly paid or owed money by them. whether their demands were excessive.

What conversations occurred enroute with the PAX and this ties in with the fact that a normal clear headed experienced pilot would not attempt such a stunt.

One with uncontrollable stress and anger may act out of character in an explosive careless attitude venting that anger on the aircraft and PAX
It sounds like a pilot who totally lost the plot and his senses for reasons as yet unknown

Pace