PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2015, 10:07
ScotsSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally some positive news as regards new capability being brought in and a realisation that a different business model has to be constructed. Despite Maxred's comments about PIK never having 'done well' and VV's #buildhouses jibe, I think you'll find that the runways are here to stay. The biggest liability is the terminal and whilst that in time may be lost the airfield will almost certainly remain. Interestingly to counter Maxred's 'never done well' comment I spent time with the original PIK management (Mathew Hudson et al) when it took over the airport after it was dumped by BAA and they eventually got the place making a profit. It was then sold on to Stagecoach. It was always going to be put under pressure when GLA and EDI went into private hands and to be honest the business model which relies on PAX should have been changed years ago. It's good to see that the FBO appears to be doing OK (despite the doom merchants predicting otherwise) and the airfield still remains fairly active with FBO traffic, military activity, GA , cargo and training flights. Hopefully the new business model will focus on the present activity and maximise this. PAX? I still have my doubts as to the long term viability - I still have a vision of an Aerospace Museum on the site and I look forward to continued aviation activity even if it is mixed in with the odd spaceship! But houses - sorry to disappoint you VV but we've enough house building going on in Ayrshire. It aint going to happen.