PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Probably Stupid Question about STC
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2015, 21:44
IdiotPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I set a mechanic out on it, an experienced mechanic.

He's found nothing wrong with the engine so far, except my tach was 200 low on the reading (oh bother... I've probably redlined it thinking I was being nice to it at 2550!).

Inspected the valves, no problems, clean, open. Cylinders show no issues, compression/timing/ignition all checked out (I have brand new mags and a brand new carb, too).

I agree that the cam is a relatively stupid design from an oil-related standpoint. It doesn't help (not everyone can run the thing once per week).

1874lbs gross is correct.
Well, I never wanted a FAST plane. Just some climb rate (airspeed is life, altitude is life insurance!) so I can get to a safe altitude as quick as possible. I don't like putting around my treesy area low and slow at 65-70kt in a plane of this size and weight.

I guess there is a gremlin in my tail somewhere that deploys a drogue chute every time I take off just to get under my skin.

I'll talk with sensenich after demonstrating the climb problem in flight to Mr. Mechanic.

It's true man... 150 should launch this plane at the weight I fly at! No way this thing is THAT draggy, right? Besides, when I first bought her, I got 800fpm. Once.