PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working as a Pilot in China
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2015, 05:47
looseygoosey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WYOMINGPILOT: the key is fitting in and not rocking the boat too much so that in 6-8 years in China you will leave with a $1.5 million portoflio and retire never to have to fly again unless its it your own small aircraft
W.P. I'm really glad you commented with this critique; and it's exactly this misconception and oversimplification that FUD is trying to dispel.

Take, for instance, the heading that starts on page 58 where Tianjin Airlines defines "abnormal situation":

Let that list sink in for a minute. Notice in particular how items like #7. Hijack and #8. Inflight Fire are grouped with things like #12. Communication Failure and #21. Go-around. This should begin to illustrate how the concept, “I will go there to fly their jets the way they want them flown and just collect my paycheck” is on a collision course with reality.
If {{ca$h!!!}} is enough for you to completely rearrange your thinking on the flight deck and assume the risks of flying in a place like China, that is your choice. Short term "WIN" is enough for certain people to bite the bullet and go take care of business. Bear in mind, the devil does not give up his fiddle so easily.

I (and my contributors) encourage the newbie contract pilot to do some serious thinking before taking the plunge. There are some really important issues that need to be worked through before potentially signing your life away; some pilots are content to do that for the promise of big money and fabulous prizes. The REALITY is much different, and THIS message is what we are trying to relay in FUD.

Read between the lines of funny exchanges and "I can't believe it" incredulity. You may find wisdom, you many not.

(But, if it's name calling anyone is after, I will take the right to defend myself.)