PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying below VAPP - What to do ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2015, 05:01
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zenj
Use of ATHR requires 5kts. addition to VLS. Why is that? Obviously it is because the system will let speed go 5kts. less sometime. It is not an issue. It doesn't happen in normal circumstances but when atmospheric conditions are demanding. For stronger winds there is addition from 5kts to 15kts at pilot's discretion. I do share John Smith's confidence in A320 ATHR and GS MINI.
truckflayer's suggestions: First, Non standard method of reengaging ATHR seems harmless enough but I do not know if it really works. Second and third not a good one because it negates GS MINI. Fourth one going manual thrust should be done before 1000ft according to Airbus.
RAT5 There is nothing intuitive for humans in the air. The correct word is habitual from earlier aircraft. Habits can be unlearned or learned. I am sure Airbus designers knew all those points you mention. There is no point fathoming airbus while flying a Boeing non FBW. If you were to fly an airbus for a living you will do it as efficiently as anything else you flew. As the US airways pilot Eric Parks on his airbusdriver.net says "Welcome to Airbus! all resistance is futile,you will be assimilated, "

Last edited by vilas; 12th Aug 2015 at 06:50.