PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2015, 00:33
fly_fast_fly_hard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ashton,

Leadership in the army is something that is learnt and fine tuned over a very long time. As long as you have the base qualities there, then they can teach you other aspects to help you grow your leadership style into how you want to lead.

Some qualities that I think they would like to see are as follows:

Confidence - They will want to see that you do not shy away and you can get in amongst the group and contribute.

Decisiveness - They will want to see that you can make a decision (either right or wrong).

Ability to listen - As a leader you will have to listen to others to be able to make informed decisions. Listen to your subordinates and commanders. You will use that to grow yourself and your team.

Adaptability - There will always be situations where things do not go according to plan, be flexible, stay calm and re-assess.

These are the main qualities that I think make a good leader. There are many types of leaders, you have to find the style that you think would best suit you! use your strengths and work on your weaknesses.

There is an ARMY LEADERSHIP MANUAL (ALM). I forget the publication number and cant find it on Google but if you type in 'Australian army leadership manual' and select the top result, its not a bad document. If you can get a hold of the ALM it will tell you everything you need to know about what the army is after in a leader.

I hope that helps
FFFH