PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair hiring Irish or not?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2015, 23:40
EIPCW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair hiring Irish or not?

I know this has been debated on other threads but I'd like to start this for any Irish pilots who have had any recent experiences.

I think it's safe to say that not many Irish have been hired over the last number of years as compared to other years. I'm not in any way demanding or expecting that we should be the airlines first and only preference.

I completed my training back in 2011 and due to financial difficulties like many in Ireland I was unable to keep my licence valid. I did however keep my application with Ryanair open in the hope that one day I would be contacted. 4 years later still nothing. I was updating my profile to make it look like I had been current to see if that made any difference but still no contact.

So basically I want to start this thread for any other Irish out there who may have recently had an assessment to share their experiences so I like others can make a judgement call on when is a good time to consider renewing my licence.

I am also considering an instructor rating so to make it clear I am not holding out for Ryanair as my only hope. This is more for me to have an idea what the industry is like and when would be a good time for me to start flying again.

Cheers