PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2015, 23:33
Danny42C

Chugalug,

I've been mulling over your link (in #45 on the "EZ999" Thread), which is hiding its light under a bushel in P.2 (let it "..only fade away...", as Old Soldiers should). Then we can all go back on "Pilot's Brevet", of which it was only an extension, and on which are all the 2012 Posts on the subject.

I'm quite convinced (by Slow Flyer) that EZ999 is pukka (although God knows what the Tech students have done with it).

Now thank you for a wonderful 6-minutes of YouTube: I've watched it several times, and each time the number of points (14 to date!) worthy of comment grows ! It'll be a day or two before I see light at the end of the tunnel, so please bear with me.

Cheers, Danny.

EDIT: This last time I let the video run on after the VV Section. What a feast of IAF and PAF footage ! Fareastdriver will be as fascinated as I was with the ending sequences of the aerobatic helicopter (but perhaps he's seen it before). I was stunned !

And, rooting about, I found this ## again (having previously forgotten all about it !) Supposed to be cockpit of a VV Mk. I - it's nothing like a Mk. I (A-31). This is the Narellan Vengeance - again ! I still accept that the Museum has got a Mk.I, but those "pesky studes" must have transplanted a whole Mk.IV front cockpit into it (or is it even that, or just a "bitsa" they've cobbled together [complete with double ball] - do you remember the "Stearman Panel" ? - it's the 0.50 gun story again) Slow Flyer will be interested, too. D.

## : Look at this ! (on this Thread)

2nd Jul 2012, 21:52 #2715 (permalink) Page 136 from 682al

D.

Last edited by Danny42C; 13th Aug 2015 at 22:05. Reason: Addn & Spelling.