PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2015, 23:14
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay having listened to all the arguments on this very strange crash these are the options.

A) A very experienced Captain who had flown into this short airfield was forced high by slow traffic and then descended at a high rate (3000 fpm) to get on the glide. He flw over the numbers at 150 KTS way above his VREF of 108 KTS sailed down the runway and still flying at 135 KTS and literally no runway left attempted to land while still flying at 135KTS onto 380 meters.
A no win situation where he would hav known he had no chance of stopping

B) He was highly stressed and either went into brain freeze which allowed a normally clear thinking pilot to lose the plot or suffered some kind of medical upset where he was no longer making rational judgements

C) He allowed a non pilot to land the aircraft and was scared to force his authority over this person

D) He was angry maybe because of an argument with the employer did an angry dive at the runway and wanted to kill them including himself a la Lubitz

Apart from the above D) could include some gripe against the Bin Laden family I cannot get my head around an experienced pilot who was mentally aware putting that aircraft down with no possibility of it stopping which as an aware and experienced pilot he would have known

Pace