PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know where I can do a MMC course?
Old 11th Aug 2015, 22:14
vhxxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do I have to do an MCC course? The object of my post was to stimulate discussion about the new Part 61 licencing requirements for an ATPL applicant. The new regs will be implimented in 3 weeks time and as far as I can ascertain there are only 2 CASA approved MCC providers. I could have posted another question. Where can I undertake an ATPL flight test? Apart from doing it with a CASA delegate , I believe there is only one independantly approved testing officer at present. And the test is conducted in a B737 simulator. The costs incurred now for the new up and coming pilots in Australia are becoming astronomical thanks to the new Part 61. I stand corrected here, but do new applicants for the major airlines in Australia require the applicant to already hold an ATPL? what about the Rex or Cobham ? Not only does the applicant for an ATPL now require an MCC course, this requirement also includes an oversees applicant who may already possess several thousand hours multi crew time and who want their overseas licence recognised. And No, sorry, Im not affiliated with any MCC training providers.