PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying below VAPP - What to do ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2015, 21:30
Zenj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm very much disappointed by post from John_Smith !

He calls me someone not a pilot and doing things in the MSFS , well just for your information I have been flying for 30 years and mainly on the Boeing and its just these last 2 years that I have gone to the Airbus and just ask anyone flying the Boeing, A/T is not an issue as long as you can follow it with other parameters and almost all Boeing pilots are good at flying manually with A/T Disconnected.

Have you read the recently released AAIB report of the British Airways A319 that lost cowlings in the air and eventually leading to engine fire ?

The commander had not flown with manual thrust for the past 7 years before accident and F/O had never flown completely in the aircraft.

FYI i have the knowledge mentioned but I have seen speeds going below VAPP and close to VLS on one of the aircrafts and this is the reason I asked because I'm told Airbus did have a procedure before but now it has been removed on A320's.

The bottomline is , we are here in this particular forum to learn and there is no pilot who is perfect , we have seen the best pilots doing the most silly things that turned into disasters.

So Mr. John Smith, please do not accuse or tarnish people here by just asking questions , if you find them silly please just hit the back button and do something else, the 3,098 views and almost 40 posts were not useless people but these are pilots trying to support and some trying to learn !

Thanks always for those who take their time to explain things !