PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police aviation news, another 902 bashing!
Old 11th Aug 2015, 20:02
Hedski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

First twin I ever flew was G-EHMS. Loved it.

The 902 can be improved upon, MD are addressing this. However they are extracting the urine with their prices, Lynn Tilton losing the run of herself maybe.

The new glass cockpit and weight increase are needed ASAP, particularly in London's case where they operate heavy all the time. Both the current and backup airframes need PW207 power also, but forget doing CAT transfers, it won't have the legs for proper IFR. Local to London is fine.

I agree totally with Tim, was told many many years ago about the R22 fly anything myth. What a load of rubbish. I've seen many many supposedly fantastic instructor types, particularly R22 ones who are nothing short of inept at flying turbines, twins, heavies, IFR, night, external loads. You name it.

As for the 902 being best option, if LAA chose something like a 145T2 or 365N3 (the option was there when the 902 was selected and not chosen........ Why?) then maintenance could or would be scheduled in such a manner not requiring a second airframe. More capital outlay than a second hand 902 but maybe a saving in the long run.......

Just my two cents....