PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some happy news.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2015, 13:34
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Some happy news.

Regular readers will know that since my retirement, I walk with my two dogs every day.

On Friday morning I got up, to find as normal, two dogs lying in their beds next to our bed. I was going down stairs to make Mrs SOPS, as normal, a cup of tea.

Normally, my two 'FOs' come down stairs with me, while I make tea, they go outside for a morning 'tinkle'

On Friday, one dog would not come. Then I realised, she could not come with me, because she could not walk. A frantic call to our vet resulted in instructions...get her here. Right now!

Long story short, she had slipped a disk in her back, she spent 60 hours under sedation while they manuplitaed her back.

She has come home tonight. Has to spend the next week, in a play pen and dosed up on drugs so she does not want too run around, but we will have our lovely dog back. Thanks to all the vets.

Her brother, can I say, who has never been apart from his sister for 11 years, was distraught. If you don't think dogs don't have emotions think again. He was a mess for the three days she was gone. And when we bought here home, I have now seen disbelief in a dogs eyes, he looked at me, looked at her, looked back at me with utter disbelief, and them lay down next to his sister, and has not let her out of his sight since.

Sorry for the non aviation content.

P

Last edited by SOPS; 11th Aug 2015 at 13:47.