PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Cadet Questions
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2015, 10:35
log0008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REX Cadet Questions

Hello, I know this topic has been discussed on here lots over the years but i feel that not so much recent information so i was wondering some of you guys could help me out.

I am currently completing Year 12 (studying Physics and Math Methods) and have a massive passion for aviation not just flying but the industry itself, i have done a TIFF flight but due to living in Rural Victoria have no access to local flight schools etc. I also have no means of affording the 'normal' option in the short term - the $25,000 would by why i need a GAP year

The idea of the Cadet program seems amazing to me and due to my situation seems the only option to follow my dream. I will still be putting in applications for UNI's and am planning to take a GAP year either way. I would plan to apply for the last intake of 2016.

May main Questions are:

Does the "PICUS programme" recently introduced make the program more attractive, by giving cadets a higher change of getting into the LHS than prior - does this actually happen?

What would be some impotent things to learn to give me the best chance of success if i do apply? Being for county Victoria it's not cheap to attend interviews in Wagga Wagga and Sydney

I see REX Offer a number of bases but what are the chances of actually getting ones like Melbourne or Albury?

The other thing i am concerned about is the low starting pay and having to likely live in the city - is this financially viable? One of the main things that makes me think that it is, is that if i go to UNI for say 4 years, i would have hopefully had 2-3 years full time employment with rex at the same period in life - does this make sense?

Also what happens during ground school and type endorsement - is this in Wagga and is accommodation still provided? (i know this is more a question during one of my interviews but thought i would ask)

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your answers!

BTW was looking for salary expectations and only found the 2005 pilot agreement, i believe there is a newer one - is this on the net?

Last edited by log0008; 11th Aug 2015 at 11:01.