PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cockpit visits
Thread: cockpit visits
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2015, 01:50
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron Bar
Oh really?

Try running that past your employers security manager and see how they react.

Where does harmless chatter stop and your national security line start? Flight deck access is pretty fundamental and some very experienced people (think AFP and ex military, ASIS are more about intelligence gathering) make policy for all phases of "flight". Mouthy "airframe drivers" whatever that is, best keep that **** to themselves.

The people that would seek to do you harm, ARE SMARTER THAN YOU. The people who design policy to protect you, ARE SMARTER THAN YOU. So, shut the **** up.
I spent 16+ years in the military. Including a fair swag of that time at 92 Wing. Not sure what that is, go look it up. It's publicly available with a Google search. You see the existence of this organisation isn't classified, nor for that matter the existence of ASIS or any of the other organisations I've mentioned. Yet these organisations, and their roles, have far more to keep discreet than your average airline. I've also worked in some of the most secure headquarters buildings In this country. I think I know a little bit about REAL security, and not the farce that I have to deal with in the aviation industry.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, mentioned in this thread which would detract from the operational security of an airline and to suggest it is is just plain ignorant rubbish.

Do you honestly think that someone would use the information on this thread to smuggle a disabling device into a flight deck when you and I both know (well at least I hope you know) that you could (quite literally) drive a truck through the farce that is airport security?

No. The real problem with the aviation industry in this country is through twits like you appointing yourselves as the gatekeepers when you clearly don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Gone are the times when, sadly, people with a keen interest in flying can jump seat for take off and landing, or come up for a visit in the cruise. I can see the point in that with the benefit of hindsight sad though the world is. There is nothing prohibiting those visits while the aircraft is at the gate, for my airline anyway, and most I expect, and there are no restrictions about making that information public.

So if anyone should "SHUT THE F$@K UP". It's twits like you IB. The world is annoying enough without tools like you making it worse.