PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2015, 19:39
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's encouraging that Jet2 are funding the TR upfront as opposed to asking you to raid your savings, true. It's also good for new guys / girls fresh out of school. The Pilot Apprentice Scheme is great for those looking for a leg up into a first flying job. They get decent exposure to various areas of the business with many ending up on a TR course sooner than expected. I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of them that have come through my base, some of which have recently appeared on in the crewroom as operating crew and I couldn't be happier for them. Regardless of the company's motives for using such a scheme, it's good for those that get onto it, especially at a time when bums on seats are urgently required!

As for experienced NTR joiners, from what I've seen and experienced, it's a pleasant place to work day to day, especially if you live not too far from your base. The company has some very serious soul searching to do if it hopes to attract and retain people IMHO but thats another matter and something that has already been discussed at length on this thread. All I can recommend is join with your eyes wide open and don't fall for the sales pitch. But then that can be said of many jobs I suppose.