PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 will be visiting the UAE on a recruitment drive.
Old 10th Aug 2015, 18:57
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Foreigner
Went for selection as a NTR DEC at the end of last year and was offered a slot (19 years wide body Airbus, 9 years in command with training experience, last 12 with a ME carrier). Newcastle was the only slot they were offering and apparently this is the norm according to mates on the inside, and only a 70% contract which was neglected to be mentioned at the interview.

After challenging them on the 70% gig, when I wanted a full time contract, I was told that all NTR DEC's get 70% and after between 12-18 months they 'might' be offered 100% contracts.

The 30% reduction in package was also to cover the cost of the type rating, despite a 14k bond being in the 70% contract

Overall assessment:- a tin pot outfit, run like an poorly organised flying club with arrogant, autocratic senior management - decided to stay put in the sandpit until something better came along.
Well that is unusual. I went for the interview at the same time as you for NTR DEC and was told up front it was likely 70% for that year, but I could join the pool for 100% and my base of choice when contracts were available (which they are now).

I was just honest in the interview and told them I couldn't accept less than 100%, and couldn't accept the 757. In return I would bring a bit of experience and would be with them as long as they're in business.

Think it pays to be up front and honest when you're at the interview, providing it's done in a nice way of course.