PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2015, 18:19
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Good Cat
It's 100% contracts for experienced Captains, even non-rated. Less pay, more tax for sure... But by the time you've balanced it all out the chance to be based back in the UK at your airport of choice swings it for a lot of guys. No other airline can offer this at the moment so I'm sure a few will take advantage of it.

It's a win-win as Jet2 know that the guys they're getting will be in it for the long-term and won't be jumping ship for an overseas contract or downgrading to the right seat in BA in the future.

Won't be for everybody but no harm in checking things out at The Westin roadshow over a cold beer or two

Are FR not offering 100% FR Contracts at the base of choice for DEC's? Are EZY not offering the same at LGW? I appreciate that a LGW base isn't idea for everyone but it certainly captures a very large number when compared to LBA.

I agree it's a novel idea and in principal it sounds like a good one but at a time when EK are parking up aircraft due to a lack of crew, I'm surprised its being allowed to happen at all.

It's going to be an interesting 12-18 months at Jet2. There aren't that many pilots leaving at the mo and while it's not insignificant as a percentage, MANY more resignations will arrive at LFFH when the rest show their hand over the coming year or so. Meanwhile, management will continue to tell themselves that they're doing a wonderful job and pilots are just fickle creatures bouncing from one shiny thing to the next. The more pressing concern as far as I can see is the number of experienced, long term senior cabin crew leaving for pastures new. Many going off to admin jobs and giving up flying altogether after being treated so poorly. Experience is required on both sides of the flight deck door after all.