PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know where I can do a MMC course?
Old 10th Aug 2015, 12:23
roundsounds

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Does anyone know where I can do a MMC course?

The entire MCC is a scam. You only need the qualification to act as a crew member in a multi-crew operation. Multi-crew type rated aircraft require an approved course of instruction, this course must address multi-crew training specific to the type, otherwise the course will not meet the MOS competency requirements. I'm confident, that in time, people will wake up to this fact and the stand alone MCC will disappear. It's a bit like airlines not thinking through the career path of new intake First Officers, by expecting them to hold an ATPL as an entry requirement. All they need is ATPL subjects, the type rating flight test (with minor tweaking) will satisfy the ATPL flight test. In fact, it would make more sense to complete the ATPL flight test after a period of participation in the airline recurrent training program. Under ICAO recommendations the ATPL is intended for use in multi-crew operations, so why would you go to the expense to gain the qualification if you're flying a Baron, PC12 or C208? The industry needs to stand back and look at the big picture with reference to Part 61 regs.