PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take off RTOW charts for Airbus A320
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2015, 04:49
enicalyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no freebie

Maaaaaate! The clue is in the heading note paper. It indicates a specific company, a specific airport and a specific set of conditions that were in force at a particular time.

As it says in the Good Book the labourer is worth of his hire. Someone has has had to sit down and reduce all these factors into one easily accessible package. Then when conditions change, do it all again.

All this must be paid for by someone, it does not happen by itself. Don't give me this "secret" nonsense, you know darn well by who whom this work is done... the regulators, the engineers, the service providers. All of whom have to put food on the table, pay the mortgage, life insurance, bring up kids.

The Airbus training department is exercising its right to retain commercially sensitive information for itself and those who pay for the privilege of using its services. They also have the legal duty of care. Same with Boeing and any competitors.

It is also safeguarding fools from misusing the information or re-packaging it under another guise. If I did a cut-and-paste job and fiddled a few figures and offered it on the cheap or free could you tell the difference? Would that make you feel you were following my footsteps more closely?