PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air coming to DXB September 23-24th
Old 9th Aug 2015, 14:35
Kapitanleutnant

AV8R….

One things that I have never been able to get my head around is hearing a few horror stories of KAL here on the prune…. Realizing some of it's nonsense, but generally there's a lot of truth to what's said here. Can you address these for me please:

1. There is/was a scenario where you would get all the way thru training, take your final line check and not pass… and then get terminated.. with few other options since you've already resigned your previous airline, just for failing a check ride?

2. You get reported by your local KAL FO for not following SOP's to the "T" such as not turning on the landing lights in the exact proper by-the-book sequence, thus causing troubles and a visit to the chief's office?

3. FO's who essentially put up a brick wall between them and you (left seater) for the entire 14 hour flight to wherever because you're taking his position?

4. A Korean aviation Fed who fails expats quite routinely and due to this, they get fired from KAL?

5. Astronaut physicals in which they always look for a way to fail you on your medical?

I find it hard to believe some guys wrote this stuff over the years but it has always remained in my head about KAL and to be honest, made me steer clear.

Thanks for answering if you might know.

Kap