PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working as a Pilot in China
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2015, 06:57
Ghost_Rider737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the book is awesome. keep up the good work gentlemen.

I thought I should share this story with you.
My wife and I decided to holiday in Thailand (mid 2013). One of the attractions was Maya Beach on Koh Phi Phi Lei.
the island where the movie "The Beach" was filmed.
So we arrived there in the morning via hotel speed boat and while admiring it's prestine beach and breathtaking views...etc

In the distance a massive cruise ship arrived. From a distance we could see people being loaded onto smaller boats and sent to shore to "enjoy".....presumably the prestine beach.

Within minutes "the beach" was consumed with a zillion Chinese tourists armed with picnic baskets and the like.
There were large sign posts all over directing people to the public toilet.
So I was standing on the shore next to my wife. On my left was a Chinese women. She obviously felt very comfortable with her surroundings and proceeded to dig a hole and squat in it......WTF ...once she was done she pulled up her pants , covered the hole and that was that.......
We were brave and decided to hang about till we could have the beach to ourselves and maybe take a swim (LOL).
After an hour the people were loaded back onto the smaller boats and taken back to the "mother ship".

Needless to say the beach which was prestine (an hour ago) was now covered with litter and everything that could dessimate the sea life in a flash and serve as a BBC documentary ....

I would not want to think about everyday life in China. No matter how much cash you throw at me.

Good luck to you guys over there.