PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice please!
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2015, 04:59
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chadflies,

I couldn't agree more with Mostly Harmless...enjoy the ride. Too many guys I know got to "the ultimate goal" only to hate it a year in because they realize what they were doing in their previous job was a far better position for them.

Remember that for many of us, the dream of flying for "Team Red" or "Team Teal" or a charter outfit was often created by a 6-year old with no sense of the real world. By that I mean all that 6-year old wanted to do was fly 24 hours a day. They didn't think of owning a house, having a family, enjoying time off. They didn't think of things other than flying. That drive carried us all through to our CPL's and ATPL's.

But, after a while in the industry we all come to realize that there is more to life than the dream. Some learn this flying Twin Otters, others learn it flying Boeings and Airbuses.

Ask yourself a question: why do most of us all want to get to the airlines? For the seniority that gets us time off. That's time off away from flying. If that's something you have now, then you've already made it.