PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2015, 22:25
Captain Gidday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Popgun, going to have to call you on this one:

There are ZERO commercial seats available on today's JQ HNL flights! (Try making a booking on any number of travel websites if you don't believe )
The reason there appear to be zero seats to HNL today on JQ is that JQ Intl do not accept same day bookings. To anywhere.
Go to JQ's commercial site and try to book any Intl flight for the same day.

Look further out and you will see plenty of JQ fares one way to HNL as low as $399. Not indicative of full flights.

Back to Fleet Order Speculation, shall we?

Actually, I'll edit to say that this side debate is not as 'off topic' as it may first appear. IF the travel market to the US has softened, and it seems it has, it will be because the low Aussie dollar is finally starting to bite for outbound travel to the US. In my own experience, going to HNL next month, hotel prices etc. look ridiculously expensive in AUD now. (I'm mostly staying with friends).

Now, if you take into account that the shiny new Dreamliners are paid for in USD, then the 'bargain prices' are not such a bargain any more in AUD. And there will have been a shift in the minds of the Mathematicians.

Of course, what is needed is to 'reach out' to the US market, who have new spending power Downunder and let them know it would be a good time to come over for some barbecued shrimp. Of course the Smartest Guys in the Room, in a classic Dummy Spit, have severed their ties with Australian Tourism, who would be the very people you'd need for this campaign.

Last edited by Captain Gidday; 8th Aug 2015 at 23:13.