PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2015, 18:05
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A and C

I agree with your comments something happened to that single Pilot experienced Captain to act out of character and perform such a crazy landing attempt.

Food poisoning is one option. As stated earlier in these threads I know a pilot who flew a fast turboprop single pilot for most of his career. He resented having another pilot but was forced to do so after the owning company insisted on two for insurance reasons.

Soon after coming back from the south of France he collapsed and past out at the controls and did not come round till after the FO had landed in France. his was a case of severe food poisoning.

Other possibilities could be drug reactions, mini strokes, overload where I have seen pilots freeze at the controls and literally go blank.

I never understand these owners spending Millions, having two engines and back up systems yet only one heart and brain at the controls. In a Single pilot aircraft with a single pilot rated pilot there are many young pilots who would relish the right seat time and would cost little to be there in the total cost scheme of things costing very little

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 8th Aug 2015 at 18:38.