PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2015, 06:21
A310bcal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by suninmyeyes
One of my worst approach and landings was in my early days doing a charter flight on a light twin. It was single crew and I was desperate for a pee. I had considered diverting en route. A goaround was not an option I wished to exercise. Consequently my judgement was very biased due to the uncomfortable circumstances. A friend had a similar problem when a bout of food poisoning caught up with him in a Navajo Chieftain on a mail run. Do any modern exec jets have a "P" tube in the flight deck for relief like the Kingairs used to have?
Strange, but had voiced the same experience to a colleague only yesterday . Being caught short in a single crew aircraft is a nightmare....VIP passengers, on Airways, so can't leave your seat and anyway, what would your passengers think as you walk past them on your way to the toilet at the rear of the aircraft ? Now that is a reason for "pressing on " that I COULD understand as the distraction becomes almost unbearable....and the correct option is almost unthinkable in terms of embarrassment and humiliation.
Yes, I know what you'll all say, but wait until it happens to you and then you would understand, altho' I'd not wish the experience on anyone!