PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will the real EZ999 please step forward ?
Old 7th Aug 2015, 22:19
BBadanov

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Slow Flyer,

Thx for your replies.

Your #38..."I once commented to Harold that the Foliage Green on EZ999 looked a little too blue. He promptly went into the shed and came back with an original wartime tin of RAAF Foliage Green paint....end of discussion."
I agree with you! It was 'bluer' (I said "bottle green") did not look like the 'olivey' RAF delivery Dark Green. In my #23, I state 'Its “bottle-green' shading does not look consistent with olive hue of Dark Green."

But RAAF Foliage Green didn't come into service until 1944, so what era was Harold trying to create?

Certainly post-1942 when the blue/white roundels were introduced, and post-1943 when the two-letter (e.. "NH-") squadron codes were introduced. When Foliage Green did become the standard colour in 1944 it became "overall", with no browns. (However, Foliage Green might have been used for touch-ups before becoming the sole colour.)

I guess "fictitious markings" leads to such inconsistencies.

Thank you for your input, you have added some insight into the aircraft's postwar background that, I reiterate, we are lucky Harold saved for us.