PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2015, 15:54
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must agree there is a massive difference between a CJ1 and CJ4 but I believe theoretically they are covered by the same type rating although the insurance may demand a differences check.
Although that is not on topic any more...I disagree again. I have flown all CJs but the really new ones. (M, M2, 3+ and 4.) I donŽt see the massive difference. (maybe its just me ?) They all fly the same. Their cruise speed differs by quite a margin, but T/O and LDG ? no. Avionics ? Yes there is a difference. Hence the difference course youŽd have to do fly other models than the one you learned on. The ones without FADEC demand more than the newer ones with, but all in all
they are really easy airplanes to fly, as easy as the straightwingers you sit on - from what I hear from the P300 pilots based at my home base they are not exactly complicated or hard to fly airplanes either.

Lets face it, the guy screwed up, period.Whether heŽd tried this stunt with a CJ or a 747, as long as the LDR is longer than LDA, the outcome would have been basically the same....

but I still do not understand owners paying Millions and trying to save peanuts
I agree. Salesman pay a role in this, I know that for sure as I had secured a job on a CJ many years ago and the sales dude talked the would be owner out of having a copilot AND Simtraining, as the airplane was so easy to operate. Needless to say, when I turned down the job on these grounds the owner then employed 2 pilots - but I was already off to other pastures...