PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to launch Hong Kong based carrier
Old 7th Aug 2015, 15:53
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
600ft-lb

Read some of the comments in the HKG papers, there's no love for a monopolistic airline system thats currently the status quo in HKG. If Australia was smart they would limit further expansion of CX's rights into this country, much like what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.
Yep, seen that rubbish in the Hong Kong newspapers. Most I wouldn’t wipe my backside with. If you think there is a monopoly in the airline industry here then you are just as delusional as the hordes of the great unwashed that read that trash. For your information there are over 107 difference airlines that operate into and out of Hong Kong. Just because there are four local carriers doesn’t mean there isn’t very stiff competition here. I can tell you there is more competition here than there is in Australia.

As for your threat that Australia should block any further expansion of CX into Australia, it’s already happened sunshine. QF lobbied the Federal government well over a year ago. But just like when QF pressured the Federal government into giving it billions of dollars of loan guarantees and grants most federal politicians will figure out QF’s play here, especially when Hong Kong’s big brother next door gets involved, and believe me, they will.