PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2015, 15:34
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His Dudeness

yes I know Citations )) the 551 single pilot aircraft has to be flown below 12500 ibs which literally means you carry no PAX or don't go anywhere further than down the road.

The Phenom 300 and CJ4 are way above 12500, very fast and worlds apart from the single pilot Phenom 100 or CJ1.

You must agree there is a massive difference between a CJ1 and CJ4 but I believe theoretically they are covered by the same type rating although the insurance may demand a differences check.

The 500 series and CJ series require different type ratings although apart from the engines and a couple of minor items There should be no more than a differences course not a complete type

But then I never understand some of this stuff other than pressure by the manufacturers targeting a particular market

Apologies for referring to the pilots age at 57 as I am 50 plus too shooting myself in the foot but I still do not understand owners paying Millions and trying to save peanuts and knowing one pilot who always flew turboprops single pilot when luckily the company changed to 2 pilots. The guy passed out at the controls with severe food poisoning having flown SP all his life. The other pilot landed in France and the medics revived my friend

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 7th Aug 2015 at 15:48.