PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2015, 12:51
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manx crab I can assure you that yesterday evening the BA fare was £108.52. What I did was ensure that the time of the flight options was comparable and if you go back EZY remains at £110.98 and BE £99.98 i.e out from London around 7-8pm back from IOM around 2-3pm. To be fair BA is now reading £138 as you say because there price mechanism will have kicked in i.e they have sold their allowance at the previous rate-good news if you ask me people are buying! The other point is the so called premium that some have quoted on here is 3 times and i have never seen that. And thats my point there is no significant premium. To fly to the heart of London for £138 return is in itself good value especially in the knowledge thats its a reliable 3 times a day service at sensible times.If you want to save £12 (after trains) to take EZY evening flight and get back to London at 12am after an hour plus delay then fine.
My point is people should stop talking it all down and focusing on so called negatives the island needs a well times regular service to the heart of London. And if anyone thinks Stansted is really a London airport then they should stop and consider the time taken to travel up there and navigate through the airport-believe I have done it to go to Denmark and it was no fun!