PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know where I can do a MMC course?
Old 7th Aug 2015, 09:12
LowTime

All this despite CASA telling everyone and everything that Part 61 will not impact any further cost to the industry.

So we have one place in Australia who can now charge an absolute fortune on communication skills that are taught from day dot in any multi crew environment / operation as rightly pointed out by Ollie.

All this is for the fixed wing community. How does an MCC on an 737 help anyone who fly's multi crew helicopters here in Australia?

As far as I am aware (and I stand to be corrected on this) there is no rotary wing training provider that can offer MCC for helicopters.

I still see jobs advertised, wanting the ATPL licence.

Bit hard to apply when you have all the ticks in the box re the hours but the need for an MCC and a flight test which CASA themselves cannot grant, let alone a company C & T.

It appears to me that a clear path on how to issue Fixed & Rotary ATPL's is sadly lacking and has been ever since Part 61 was introduced. All this despite the industry clearly telling CASA that neither one was ready for this debacle..

I won't even comment on their revised fees and charges except to say "Outrageous!!"

Just my 2 cents worth!!