Old 7th Aug 2015, 03:40
ruddegar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FO Cokebottle
Capt Fathom:

Exactly.....

ruddegar:

You don't get it....do you?!?!?

Let's see if I understand you "ruddegar"?

Is it...."I'll sit back on my in my suburban arm chair and tap out a question so as to get an answer out of some other hard working, "paid their dues" pilot cause I am far too lazy or too cheap to go out and drive about the country "pressing the flesh" - asking your own questions from operators and LISTENING to their answers/advice.

Even if you do not get a job....what have you gained? A whole lot of information about GA in Australia and what it wants from an applicant for a job.

and....you'll be remembered when applying for a future job vacancy.

Shyte, there is even an operator in the "outback" that publishes, on its web site, the do's and don't's [is that correct grammer?] and what to prepare for with regards attending their interview.
I'm just trying to prepare as best I can for when I am in a position to go looking up north - it has nothing to do with laziness or being 'cheap' so that's a little presumptuous. I'm simply trying to use as many resources as possible to prepare myself and I just don't understand why people feel the need to jump down peoples throats over it. Because I'm currently not in a position to do the trip and get face time I'm just trying to make the most valuable use of my time until then. That's all.