PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 6th Aug 2015, 21:00
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WE992,

My sympathies on your rope breaking, as you say, at the foot end of the hammock is probably the best result. I always employed a double lashing tape arrangement, with a slack line (no load) allowing a 2 inch or so drop should the primary support fail As for falling out of my hammock on a Far East trip, I only did two in 6 years as a GE, and we rigged stretchers on both for our transit. I think that at one point during my time as a GE we had three Smudge Smith GEs, so maybe isaneng is confusing me with one of the others. My two Far East extraviganza's were in the company firstly of Doug M, and secondly R4H, no hammock rigged during voyage. Either way, unless you were a pilot, with a nice view of where you were going, Albert airways was best enjoyed from the comfort of a hammock, and a green maggot, above the ramp.

Now gentlemen, having wandered around the town we are staying in, in Bonnie Scotland, Mrs Smudge asked me tonight why I have a habit of sitting in a perfectly satisfactory ale house, and "get the urge" to up and went somewhere else, on foot! I used the words ASCOT shuffle on her, and then attempted to explain the principle of "a cab saved is another beer", whilst allowing the Nav to direct a ground transit could often deprive us of several

Back to a good Broadband signal soon, though I am enjoying "being down route" !!!

Smudge