PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaperon washes up on Reunion Island
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2015, 20:58
Severe Clear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nonsense... Press quotes that add to you post

"dissonant" (official) "comments infuriate"...to say the least,

*Headline:"Plane window recovered from Reunion Island, Malaysian transport minister says"
*(Published August 6th 2015)
**HEADLINE: "Differing Message on 777 Part frustrates Flight 350 Families"
**AP (published August 6th, 2015 20:55 UT)

Selected text...:
"A Malaysian team has collected other plane debris including a window and some aluminum foil on Reunion Island near where a flaperon was found last week, Malaysia’s transport minister said on Thursday.

However, Liow Tiong Lai says he can’t confirm whether the debris belongs to Flight 370, which vanished on March 8, 2014 with 239 people on board. “I can only ascertain that it’s plane debris.”

"Authorities from France, the U.S. and Australia have stopped short of full confirmation the debris is actually from the missing plane. Liow reaffirmed the prime minister’s comments on Thursday and said differences with other countries amount to “a choice of words.”

"They want to continue with additional tests. We respect their decision," Liow said of the French. "From our first observation, the color tone and all maintenance records that we have, we know. Our records show that it's the same as MH370."

"He said there are "many other technical details that I do not have to reveal" but that confirm the part is from Flight 370."

"The confirmation from Malaysian Prime Miniser Najib Razak that the flaperon was from MH370 has been met with skepticism and anger ..."

"Ross Tapsell, a Malaysia expert at the Australian National University, said he suspects Najib was trying to distract Malaysians from a corruption scandal. On Monday, Malaysia's anti-corruption agency said that $700 million in Najib's personal bank accounts came from donations, not from a debt-ridden state investment fund."

*Full story with a less than accurate video:
Plane window recovered from Reunion Island, Malaysian transport minister says | Fox News

**Full Story with more details...:
AP
**My Way News - Differing messages on 777 part frustrate Flight 370 families