PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2015, 18:19
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you did not want to group F-35 criticism with anti-vaxxers &c, you probably should not have listed them in the same paragraph and described them with the same highly loaded word.
I regret getting baited into yet another tit for tat with you, but here goes.

May I offer that making an analogy between two disparate objects is far far far removed from putting those two objects "in the same category". I also made an analogy between swords vs rifles and swords vs long bows. No reasonable person without an axe to grind would conclude that I was placing rifles and longbows "in the same category" as F-35's. The operative word there appears to be "reasonable".

It's this "but, but I didn't say that", when you very obviously did, in plain language, that raises my suspicions about what type of structure you live under.
If the "plain language" you are referring to is English, we've already concluded that there's a BIG problem between your usage of English and mine. I'll not say who's usage was "right" and who's was "wrong" in that discussion, but I will remind you that my usage was in 100% conformance with the dictionary definitions.

I will now redouble my efforts to avoid getting baited again.